If you have a mobile device, you realize how powerful it can be. The more you rely on these devices the more you need to be aware of protecting your data on them. Here are 6 quick tips to protect you mobile device:
1. Separate phone / SIM card – A separate phone / SIM card helps you keep your privacy on personal matters. Use a separate phone or SIM for work, home or for your personal business. Keeping it separate helps keep all transactions on a specific device.
2. Mobile device security code – creating a phone security code prevent anyone from spying your phone by just picking it up and tapping a button.
3 . Delete history – You mobile device saves and tracks all transactions by default. So if someone got access to the it, they could see everyone you contacted back to the first day you activated the device. Deleting phone calls and messages remedy that some what.
4. Keypad lock – You must have your keypad automatically lock after a short period of inactivity just in case you set your device down and forget to lock it manually. The shorter the time you set (ex:5 seconds) the better.
5. SIM card code – for confidential contacts, setting a code into your SIM card is a must.
6. No automatic email log in – do not set your emails into automatic log-in so people cannot trace your personal info by merely picking up your phone.
Mobile devices with links in to social media, personal email accounts, contacts, and transactions can give someone immediate access into all aspects of your personal life. Its important you implement some or all of these tips if you want to maintain some of your privacy.